Thursday, 3 September 2015

Animal Friend Gallery Winners!

I had a huuuuuuge response for the #AnimalFriendGallery - so thankyou so much to everyone who entered! You can see all the entries on Facebook here.

But somehow, I had to pick three winners. That was literally impossible, so I picked four. They are below, in no specific order, with my version of their artwork next to the original work, and why I chose their artwork to win! Hope you like :)


@meandnorman on Instagram ~


I picked this illustration by Steph Simpson as I was utterly charmed by it! I do a lot of pet portraits through my Etsy shop, and it was lovely an refreshing to see such an original pose for a cat to be in. So expressive, and filled with character! Also, those paws. I couldn't say no to those paws, and I wanted to draw this cat (who is named Mowie) for myself.

@ruthybop on Instagram ~


Again, I chose this illustration by Ruthy Sinclair because of its charming qualities! I loved the fact that the portrait was of her friend's hamster (named Alvin), and thought it was quite sweet that she'd taken the time to draw him. The story behind it was just too lovely. I also really liked the colour palette, and the floral frame around the little cutie. Very simple, but with a meaning, and quite a special image. It's a drawing a really wanted to try out myself, and was very glad I did! I love a good floral frame, and will be using them more often from now on.

@my_colourfulstuff on Instagram ~


 Despite it being very simple, and quite naive, I bloody loved this entry by Ancilla Mathilda. First of all, the pun made me chuckle on my birthday (it's a bird wishing my dreams will come twoo... how could I resist?), and second, you can clearly see how much of a friend these animals are to Ancilla. She clearly loves her budgies to bits, which struck a chord with me a bit, as I had budgies I loved when I was younger, and to be honest I'm still a bit silly over Tilly these days. I also loved how Skypy (blue budgie) is looking at Sunny (yellow budgie). Not sure why, it just sort of made me chuckle even more. Cuuuute!

And finally, @gabi.rau on Instagram ~


Again, I could clearly see Gabi Rau's love for her cockatiel (Polentinha) in her illustration. I loved how colourful it was, and thought replicating the image might be a bit of a challenge for me, as I haven't done backgrounds for so long! Overall I just thought it was a very pretty and sincere entry. And of course, I do have a soft spot for cockatiels... Gabi even sent me this cute photo of Polentinha when she found out she'd won! ~


Glad to have made a cockatiel happy.

Thanks for stopping by! :)
Soph x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate comments!