Wednesday, 6 May 2015

Little Update & Some Items of Note in My Studio

Hello lovely blog readers! I hope you're all well?

After being on a bit of a hiatus from blogging, I'm hoping to be updating a lot more from now on. I can now legitimately call myself a full-time freelance illustrator (yes, it's terrifying), and I'm working entirely from home now so there's no excuse to neglect my blog any longer. I stopped freelancing on a regular basis for Hallmark in September last year (I think) due to budget cuts. Since then, I've been lucky enough to find freelance work with a few different companies, and have focused on commissions and selling through my Etsy shop again, which is great (thanks to everyone who has bought things recently - you're the absolute best!). I've had time to work on personal projects too, update my website, and add to my online shops (Redbubble, Society6, Teepublic... the list goes on. They're all amazing companies, keeping me afloat and being lovely about it, too). Even on quiet days with no freelance work, there's always something to do, and the best part about it is that I find it so fun!

Also, I've really felt like blogging more recently. Things feel like they're starting to piece together, and while it's hard at times, I feel so, so lucky that I'm able to be doing what I've wanted for so long - actually be a freelance illustrator. It seems to be working for me at the minute, and that's exciting. I'm currently working on a top-secret project involving a children's book! I wish I could share more about it - it's terribly exciting for me and so difficult to keep quiet about it. Sigh.

Oh well, as an introduction to my new freelancing and oft-blogging self (I even have a daily diary now and can pencil blogging in - this stuff's serious) I've drawn a silly little sketchbook-style illustration of some items of note that reside in my 'studio' (yes, it also doubles as my bedroom for now, but that will be changing soon too. Another top-secret update that I should be able to discuss shortly)...



Hope you like! If you enjoyed this illo, do let me know. Or if there's anything you'd like me to blog about in particular, feel free to leave a little comment :)

Soph x

4 comments:

  1. love this - there should be a series of stuff people have in their work spaces ! I have many odd things :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s good that you put great emphasis on blogging in this post. It is one of the most basic forms of online presence, and is the most convenient one. Because while you are working with a template, you get to arrange the visuals in the most appealing way. Still, online marketing communities such as in Etsy can go a long way in showing your product to your target clients. Anyway, good luck with your future endeavors!

    Jared Holmes @ All Web LLC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool. It's like you went back from a time of rest, bigger and better than ever before. And you seem to have expanded your online presence further, having set up shop on more online sites and grown your inventory during the time you were away. It’s great that you now have time to blog more, and I’m sure your followers would love to see your WIPs in the future. Cheers!

    Cory Phil @ Front Burner Marketing

    ReplyDelete
  4. The items you are selling in your shop are awesome! I like how you focused on drawing animals. It sets you apart from most Etsy shop owners; that and your style of drawing which is truly unique. It’s also cool that you are working on children; your drawing really fit well for that genre, and the children who will read that book will surely appreciate your artworks. Good luck on your business and keep the awesome artworks coming!

    Travis White @ Marketing Digest

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments!