Saturday, 26 October 2013

Hallmark Cards!

A couple of weeks ago, you might remember me mentioning a two week placement at Hallmark Cards I was about to go on. Well, I've been and come back, and it was such a brilliant experience!

 photo BWOJNZNCUAArr8Jjpglarge_zps5596e862.jpg
Placements with knitted finger-warmers -
Hannah Tolson, me, and Gemma Luxton.
Couldn't believe how fantastic the Hallmark office was. Cute, interesting (and rather distracting!) things were dotted around all over the office, it was a wonder I got any work done at all really. And then there was the atmosphere, and the really interesting, funny, and lively people! I even ended up learning to knit while I was away, which is something I've wanted to do for ages. Sadly, I can't share the work I did with you on my placement, as it could be chosen to be on a card at some point (I really want to though! D: Maybe in the future).

I stayed at Hallmark's special little house especially for placements, and it was great. I really miss the bed, it was huge... and the house was in a perfect spot right next to a chip shop and an Asda. The other placements sharing the house with me couldn't have been nicer, or more talented! That was something I was a bit worried about as I'd never house-shared before, but it really wasn't anything to worry about. It's good to be home, but I do quite miss it.

Here's some photos I got during my stay in Leeds (the Hallmark office is in Bradford, quite close to the house I stayed in). Also had a couple of days out in the city centre and in Halifax on the weekend. It was like a little working holiday :3



On the last day of my placement, I was asked to come back and work for Hallmark as a freelancer! I couldn't believe it - I felt so lucky! So the plan now is that I'm going back every Wednesday. I've been back twice now, and I love it! Couldn't be happier with the way things have turned out.

Thanks for stopping by!

Soph x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate comments!