Thursday, 29 August 2013

Illustration Friday - 'Rescue'

My submission for this week's Illustration Friday theme 'Rescue'. It's a little portrait of the lovely Canadian singer/songwriter Leonard Cohen. Check the lyrics below to get a better idea of the theme. Hope you like!

 photo leonardcohen2_zpsbabd482a.jpg

"It feels so good
And it feels so right
It feels like I've been rescued
In the middle of the night
And the sweetest voice has spoken
And the deepest wound is healed
And the darkness is exploding
And it feels, it just feels
Thank you Babe, thank you Babe"

~ 'It Just Feels' by Leonard Cohen
& David A. Stewart

I'm challenging myself to do more people portraits recently, and Leo's such a cool guy with unusual features! He was very fun to draw. If you're lucky enough to have seen him perform live, please be aware that I am quite jealous of you.

Soph x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate comments!