Monday, 29 July 2013

Illustration Friday - 'Jungle'

My submission for this week's Illustration Friday theme 'Jungle' ~

 photo junglebirds_zps581f379b.jpg

...Which is in stark contrast to last week's theme, I know! :) Last week's was a fully-digitally-edited pencil sketch on a plain background - I still seem to be swinging back and fourth between drawing styles! Although I've shyed away from drawing/painting like this, I think I still prefer it over digitally creating artworks. Maybe.

Anyway, I felt like attempting a full-colour painting this time, as recently I've not been doing so many backgrounds. I also wanted to challenge myself to do a fully traditional piece - which this is, apart from a slight colour tweak (I'm sorry, the temptation was too great!) And I chose to do a selection of lovely jungly birds because, well, I wanted as much colour as possible, and I have a thing for drawing birds at the moment! I used watercolours, pencil crayons, and Sakura Souffle pens, which I adore.

I'd like feedback on this one, any thoughts at all just let me know in the comments below! :)

Soph x

3 comments:

  1. I see this as a very good job, and I congratulate you!!! :))) and I think (sorry) that we should not, give to the computer all this human ability to take a brush or a crayon and create something like this
    the computer would create perfect, precise, and accurate pixels, vectors, or who knows what, but to me, never, ever, higher than this illustration, use the computer to work, use your hands to show your soul. (and I say that I work daily with the computer, doing illustrations and cartoons. I'm not a rebellious outdated) ;)))
    Have a nice week, Sophie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments!