Wednesday, 16 January 2013

Bramble Wood

Finally, I have photographed last semester's massive undertaking!

The brief I set myself was to create a woodland-themed activity book, using as many drawing methods and interactive features as I could think of. The result was the Bramble Wood Activity Book! With thanks to my lovely auntie Sue for the name. I was super-pleased with the feedback I got for it. Thinking about creating a mini book series around this project, what do you think?

Here's a page-by-page view of it. Enjoy ~

And here's a few close-ups, etc ~


Hope you like it. I would really appreciate any comments!

Soph x

6 comments:

  1. Sophie!
    Congratulations!
    I love this!
    Each page looks great diagrammed and illustrated
    Again, congratulations.
    Your creative level is the best!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Roberto! I really appreciate your comment :) This has been my favourite project to date!

      Soph x

      Delete
  2. Thanks for your kind comment, Sophie, I know my English is far from being, at least, acceptable, but if I just left in Spanish what I write on my blog, without attempting a bad English translation, many friends, like you, would lose half the meaning of my drawings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you do translate! Your work has so much meaning, and I get a lot from every visit I make to your blog. Keep it up! :)
      Soph x

      Delete
  3. Sophie, your work is amazing ~ so original! I love that you have not patronised the audience ~ so often children's books fall into the trap of underestimating their readers. There's a fantastic range of activities within the pages, and loads of talking points with the illustrations too. I especially love the drawing faces on conkers bit ~ made me laugh out loud.
    Lucas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucas, thanks so much! Patronizing my audience was exactly the thing I wanted to avoid, so I'm really glad you picked up on that. I had a lot of fun with this project, and I know I would have loved this book as a child myself, so hopefully kids these days will enjoy it too. It doesn't really get more fun than giving conkers faces when you're a child! :)
      Soph x

      Delete

I always appreciate comments!