Tuesday, 6 November 2012

Digitally Embroidered Monkey of Love


Tried something new recently at Uni... digital embroidery!

I had this unused scribbly drawing in my sketchbook that I really liked. He was an idea for a Valentine's Day card before I went all weird and came up with unusual occasions, but I just had to use him for something because just look at his face. So, I did my most hated thing ever and used a Mac, and after painstakingly learning the pen tool on Illustrator, I took my doodle down to the Digital Printing room at Uni, learned the embroidery software, and came out with a fit little stitchy monkey THAT I CANNOT STOP STARING AT, and also touching.

So, what I learned from my experience in the print room was that digital embroidery machines basically use magic to transfer your (perhaps crappy) doodles into stitched fabric made of win. Now all I need to do is find a practical use for this in one of my projects...

And speaking of projects, just to let you know my next one is going to be a children's activity book based on a woodland theme. I don't know a lot more than that at this point, but what I do know is that Slewfoot the Grizzly Bear will most likely make a sly appearance.

Thanks for visiting!

Soph x

2 comments:

  1. hi Sophie, i like this!!! seems cute!!
    Ha Ha, I laughed a lot with your face with eyes on your cheeks!!!
    Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thankyou! And that was my makeshift 'halloween constume' :P
      Soph x

      Delete

I always appreciate comments!